Through a grant from UNAIDS, the Eminyeeto Program has been successfully meeting the first goal of providing preventive health measures since 2010.
Our primary objectives are to provide free, youth-focused access to:
- family planning resources
- HIV/AIDS and STI prevention and treatment
Three centers around Ruhiira, each staffed by a trained nurse, provide the following services:
- primary-care referrals to the local health-center
- treatment of STIs
- regular health discussions with special emphasis on sex-education and HIV-prevention
- family planning information
- contraception knowledge and condom distribution
Creating a safe, youth-only environment is a necessary means to tackle the current stigma of visiting bigger health centers for reproductive health services as an adolescent.